At a rally to show support for the fifteen families in Elazar, Gush Etzion’s Netiv Avot neighborhood, whose homes are under a High Court of Justice demolition order, Jewish Home Party Minister Naftali Bennett said that there is no reason the homes should be torn down. He told The Land of Israel Network’s Josh Hasten that destroying those homes “makes no sense,” and he is calling on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to do what he can to save those houses. The rally was held Sunday night with hundreds in attendance including Government Ministers, Members of Knesset, and many other caring Israelis who do not want to see the unnecessary demolition of the Jewish homes in Netiv Avot.
The High Court of Justice is on the verge of destroying 17 homes in the Netiv Avot neighborhood of Elazar, Gush Etzion. Elazar resident Tali Kaplinski Tarlow joins Josh Hasten to give an update on the situation as it is unfolding. Perhaps the Government of Israel will be able to overrule the court’s decision, but either way, the residents of Elazar are mobilizing to show support for their neighbors during this difficult period. A campaign has been launched on social media using the hashtag #17homes to give up-to-the-minute updates for those who want to get involved.
- Could Israel be heading towards early elections? Can #Netanyahu somehow hang on with a razor thin 61-seat majority… https://t.co/t6uHeaYRz06 hours ago
- Join @EveHarow as she free thinks her impressions of events & experiences she’s had during the last month. Fitting… https://t.co/enir2GdoQlyesterday
- Rabbi Daniel Korobkin joins @YishaiFleisher to talk about the #pittsburghshooting and the Israel-Diaspora divide. https://t.co/bdh0M0SOr44 days ago